Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!

Normally for Mothers Day I go out on the day of and buy mom flowers and cards from everyone, somehow it has turned into an expectation over the years I don't know why. But I'm working this mother's day so I did my shopping a day early. Which gave me time to really look at the cards. They all day sweet things but I decided I was gonna make my own this year. I actually documented from start to finish this time so I have pics. I am excited!!!! :D




I  found some premade stockcards at kroger's minute clinic so I took 3 ( one for me, my sis, and if my brother wants one)



 back ( thanks THE LITTLE CLINIC)


I'm not to fond of what the card actually says so I edited just a little bit.




I just used things I had laying around the house.




  • glue
  • scissors
  • gel pens
  • glitter pens
  • felt
  • printer paper. (not pictured)





1. I took regular printer paper folded it and cut it in half. 






Regular printer paper


fold in half hamburger style


fold again


cut along one edge to make half the size


2. I then glues the paper I cut and covered the words.








I did like the way card wrote I love you mommy! but I don't call my mom mommy, she goes by mom, mami, mammi.
3. So I traced the words cause you still could see the words underneath.


4. I didn't like the blank space underneath cause you could still see the words. So that's when I decided I would add the felt heart.


5. To make the heart all you need is: a piece of felt and scissors. The steps are easy.
take your felt and....


fold it hamburger style


cut along the closed edge in the shape of half a heart


TADA you have a heart shape.
6. Next you glue the shape on to the paper and decorate however you like. (I wrote my name and my sisters name on mine)




I've tried but my computer won't rotate them. I'm sorry.














On the top side you can write you message to you mom.


You can decorate the rest of your card anyway you want. I colored my butterflies and flowers with my gel pens cause that's all I had around me.









2 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, love how crafty you are. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I try. I had no time to go shopping for my mom this year. But I think she loved this card and the flowers I gave her more then anything I've ever bought her.

    ReplyDelete