Sunday, April 8, 2012

Crocheting

I love to crochet. (Now anyway) this wasn't always the case. When I was about 8 or 9 my aunt and grandma where teaching my cousins how to crochet, and I really wanted to learn. My aunt started a row for me and showed me how to do it. Let's just say I apparently did not know how to make a loop. lol. I ended up undoing the row without meaning too. I got frustrated and quit. Then in middle school, six grade I believe, I had a teacher who crochet all the time so a few friends of mine and I asked her to teach us. This time I could actually make rows. She was a pretty good teacher. But as all new crocheters might know you have to practice to get good. (or maybe it was just me). Anyways my small attempts at blankets failed miserably I either would skip a stitch or add too many and my squares never looked like squares. After a few frustrating weeks of trying to crochet perfectly I quit. A few years went by, no many years went by. Last year I somehow happened on a youtube video of how to crochet baby booties. (Crochet Mary Jane Booties) I have to say Michael is the best crochet teacher I have ever heard. I looked at many videos after and I've listened to many since stumbling on his youtube channel. If you are starting out crocheting or ever want to start go to his videos and you will understand so much quicker then anywhere else.


I've made quite a few projects since last year. But I somehow forget to take pictures before I give them away. I only have a few. I will try my best to take pictures of what I make from now on. So many people have been asking me to show them stuff that I have made but I can't. :(


As soon as I get them loaded on my computer I will post them on here. 




Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment